Perth Theatre and Culture Perth and Kinross are looking for people who remember Perth and Kinross’s old railway lines to help preserve their history for future generations.
We’d like to hear from anyone with memories of the following routes:
· The Caledonian Strathearn branch lines including the Crieff and Methven Junctions Railway, Perth Almond Valley and Methven Railway, Crieff Junction Railway.
· The North British lines to the south of Perth including the Glenfarg, Kinross and Devon Valley lines.
· The Strathmore route from Stanley junction to Coupar Angus, and the Alyth and Blairgowrie branch lines.
Did you regularly travel on one of the lines?
Did you witness something remarkable happening on one of these routes?
Did you work on the railways, or are you a train enthusiast with stories to tell about these lines?
We want to hear from you!
How the project will work:
We are looking for 12 individuals across Perth and Kinross to take part in the project. We will deliver an activity pack to your door; inside the pack will be a guide to six simple activities that will help spark your memories and the stories you want to tell about the railway lines. The pack will include:
• Short videos with railways experts
• Objects that will support reminiscence about the railway lines
• Creative activities that will stimulate memories and get you thinking about how you want to tell your story
You can work your way through the pack either on your own or with a family member or friend. When you have completed the pack, a member of the Perth Theatre team will arrange to meet you outdoors to audio record the stories and memories you’d like to share. These recordings will then be used as part of Culture Perth and Kinross’s Lost Railways exhibition and will be kept in their archives. A member of the Perth Theatre team will be on hand to remotely support you with any of the activities should you need it.
The whole project will be carried out safely in line with Covid-19 guidelines and regulations.
Register your interest by Friday 14 May.
Activity packs will be sent out week commencing 24 May.
Audio recording with member of Perth Theatre team will take place between 7 and 19 June.
If you remember Perth and Kinross’s lost railway lines, then please play your part in keeping this important period in our local history alive to educate and enlighten future generations.
To get involved, or for further information contact Perth Theatre’s Learning and Engagement Team:
This project has been created with support from the Communities Recovery Fund.