Little Stars: Creative Play
Little Stars: Creative Play is our new 30-week creative learning programme for under 5s. Led by Horsecross’s professional tutors, who specialise in working with young children, our workshops combine drama, singing and dance activities. The sessions build the children's colourful imaginations as well as focusing on: confidence, concentration, coordination and communication.
Thanks to generous funding from the Big Lottery Communities and Families Fund we will be delivering Little Stars: Creative play in five nurseries across the region. Our nursery partners for this project are:
Breadalbane Primary School Nursery
Crieff Primary School Nursery
Goodleyburn Primary School Nursery
Letham Primary School Nursery
Little Steps Nursery, Bankfoot
Alongside our work in nurseries we also run weekly drop-in Little Stars: Creative Play sessions at North Inch Community Campus for more details and to book follow the link here.
Little Stars: Creative Play offers a number of educational, developmental and personal benefits:
• Provide inspiring, interactive creative play sessions that will encourage children to become more confident as they learn how to express themselves and share and play with other children
• Improve communication skills by teaching children how to use their voices and bodies through drama, dance and singing activities
• Advance social inclusion and friendship building opportunities for children by helping them to get to know one another and mix with others in a safe, fun and creative environment
• Promote healthy lifestyles and improve children’s coordination through the regular physical activity involved in our drama and dance activities
• Help children to gain a basic understanding of music and musical timing through singing and dance tutorials
• Provide children and parents/carers the chance to comment and have input in the programme, encouraging children and parents/carers to think about what activities they would like to explore.
For more information on this project please call our Creative Learning team on: 01738 477 729