Our creative play programme for under 5s takes place in nurseries across the region. Alongside our work in nurseries we also run weekly drop-in Little Stars: Creative Play sessions at Perth Theatre for more details and to book follow the link here. Little Stars: Creative Play offers a number of educational, developmental and personal benefits:
- Provide inspiring, interactive creative play sessions that will encourage children to become more confident as they learn how to express themselves and share and play with other children
- Improve communication skills by teaching children how to use their voices and bodies through drama, dance and singing activities
- Advance social inclusion and friendship building opportunities for children by helping them to get to know one another and mix with others in a safe, fun and creative environment
- Promote healthy lifestyles and improve children’s coordination through the regular physical activity involved in our drama and dance activities
- Help children to gain a basic understanding of music and musical timing through singing and dance tutorials
- Provide children and parents/carers the chance to comment and have input in the programme, encouraging children and parents/carers to think about what activities they would like to explore.
For more information on this project please call our Creative Learning team on: 01738 477 729